Saturday, March 5, 2011

Moses

God is amazing how He puts all things together.  It started even before I left with my own reading through the Bible in a year. I left off right at Moses and how God commanded him to strike the rock to produce water. At the time, it was just a Moses story to me.  Then, during devotions on our trip, Pastor Brad read about Moses striking the rock to produce water.  In Ethiopia at the Abaya church the pastor spoke on Moses striking the rock to produce water! Wow. It started to hit me - God has a message in this! The Abaya pastor passionately spoke about the need for faith for the community to receive water from God.

Water is a problem in Guangua, Ethiopia. Guangua is the town in the Abaya area where we spent much of our time. They are in the middle of a drought and water is life to them. It means food or no food. The water source is filthy and full of worms. I realized the importance of sponsorship. It truly means life to Maritha and Mama. It means a clean water source coming, food supplements, and some day education. World Vision is bringing the water and manna to Guangua.

I don't think that I will look at those verses the same again. They have new meaning.

No comments: